Illegal Immigration Facts
Here are some facts about illegal immigration you might find interest.
Top 21 Illegal Immigration Facts
1. The US Department of Homeland Security estimates that there are approximately 12 million illegal aliens in America in 2014 while earlier estimates by groups like Barons are as high as 20 million. Researchers, activists, and members of the media can safely say there are somewhere between 12-20 million illegal immigrants currently residing in America with little to no fear of immigration law enforcement.
2. Current deportation numbers from the Obama administration are being falsely inflated by counting same day deportations back across the border for illegal aliens apprehended by border patrol. Illegal immigrants that have cleared American borders have less a less than 1% of 1% chance of deportation and the Obama administration is even releasing many illegal aliens from jail after serious crimes without deportation!
3. It is estimated that illegal aliens make up approximately 30 percent of the population in federal, state and local prisons and that the total cost of incarcerating them is more than $1.6 billion annually.
4. Mexican drug cartels make approximately 6.6 billion dollars a year“exporting” illegal drugs to the United States.
5. It is being projected that the Senate immigration bill will bring 33 million more people to the United States over the next decade.
6. One out of every five children living in Los Angeles County has a parent that is in the country illegally.
7. 57 percent of all households that are led by an illegal immigrant or legal immigrants are enrolled in at least one welfare program.
8. Thanks to illegal immigration, California’s overstretched health care system is on the verge of collapse. Dozens of California hospitals and emergency rooms have shut down over the past decade because they could not afford to stay open after being endlessly swamped by illegal immigrants who were simply not able to pay for the services that they were receiving. As a result, the remainder of the health care system in the state of California is now beyond overloaded. This had led to brutally long waits, diverted ambulances and even unnecessary patient deaths. At this point, the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.
9. The Obama administration recently introduced the very first “unmanned” border station along the Texas-Mexico border.
10. According to one study, the cost to U.S. taxpayers of legalizing current illegal immigrants would be approximately 6.3 trillion dollars over the next 50 years. Remember these costs the next time you hear a politician say they support immigration reform which is code for amnesty for illegal aliens.
11. The federal government actually has a website that teaches immigrants how to sign up for welfare programs once they arrive in the United States.
12. It has been estimated that U.S. taxpayers spend $12,000,000,000 a year on primary and secondary school education for the children of illegal immigrants.
13. It is an open secret that Mexican drug cartels are openly conducting military operations inside the United States. The handful of border patrol agents that we have guarding the border are massively outgunned and out manned.
14. Overall, more than 55,000 people have been killed in drug-related violence in Mexico since 2006. That same level of violence will eventually show up in major U.S. cities unless something dramatic is done about illegal immigration.
15. There are only about 200 police officers assigned to Chicago’s Gang Enforcement Unit to handle the estimated 100,000 gang members living in the city.
16. The Obama administration has distributed flyers that tell illegal immigrants that their immigration status will not be checked when they apply for food stamps.
17. The Obama administration has sued individual states such as Arizona that have tried to crack down on illegal immigration.
18. According to the Justice Department’s National Drug Intelligence Center, Mexican drug cartels were actively operating in 50 different U.S. cities in 2006. By 2010, that number had skyrocketed to 1,286.
19. According to the FBI, there are approximately 1.4 million gang members living in our cities. Illegal immigration has been one of the primary factors that has fueled the growth of these gangs.
20. The Department of Homeland Security says that it has lost track of a million people that have entered this country but that appear never to have left.
21. In one recent year, taxpayers in Los Angeles County spent 600 million dollars on welfare for children of illegal immigrants.
To review the latest statistics regarding both legal and illegal immigration from the US Census Census Bureau visit our page on legal & illegal immigration Statistics!